Presentations and Speaking
Allen Smart is a nationally recognized speaker and facilitator, known for his provocative and challenging perspectives on the world of philanthropy. A representative sample of presentations includes the following:
- “Why Aren’t Foundations more Innovative and Risk-Taking?”
- “The New World of Healthcare Conversion Foundations”
- "How to Develop Work of Interest to Private Foundations”
- “What Does the Future of Philanthropy Look Like?"
- “The 10 Tenets of Effective Rural Philanthropy”
- “Building a Field of Rural Philanthropy”
- “How Communications, Strategy and Evaluation Merge in Rural Foundation Work”
- “How Foundations Can Begin Their Rural Learning Journey”
- “Equity - It's a Rural Issue Too!”
- “How Healthcare Can Step Outside Its Walls”
- “How Churches Can Step Outside Their Walls”
Allen regularly presents before individual foundations, national non-profits, state-based funder groups, national Philanthropy Serving Organizations and multi-state regional funder associations.
- Intermountain West Funders Network Gathering — April 26, 2019, Colorado Springs, CO
- Center for Effective Philanthropy Biennial Meeting — May 8, 2019, Minneapolis, MN
- Federal Private/Public Annual funder meeting — May 30, 2019, Washington, DC
- GlobalMindED Annual Meeting — June 5, 2019, Denver, Colorado
- National Conference for Growing Community Foundations — October 28, 2019, Wichita, KS
- American Association of Land-Grant Public Universities — November 11, 2019 San Diego, CA
- New Mexico Grantmakers Annual Meeting — November 13, 2019 Albuquerque, NM
- Upswell (Independent Sector) Annual Meeting — November 15, 2019 Chicago, IL
- Annual Summit of the Root Cause Coalition — October 4-6, 2020, Kansas City
- Rural Funders Webinar series with Philanthropy Northwest (philanthropynw.org) April 13, 2021; May 11, 2021; June 8 2021.
Need a Speaker for Your Event?
To book Allen for your event, please contact us.